Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
LET US HELP YOU!
1. RADIO -
"Save Our Black Boys" Radio - Weekly
Highlights scientific research, educational news and lifestyle tips for parents to support the academic performance and Black history knowledge base of their African-American youth.
Also includes interviews with experts and notables.
Past guests include:
DeVon Franklin, Sony Pictures
Sabrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin
Stedman Graham, CEO & Author
Luci Baines Johnson, daughter of
President Lyndon Baines Johnson - signer of
Voting Rights Act, 1965
Listen every Thursday evening 7:30 pm Eastern - 1440 AM in Detroit or online - www.1440wdrj.com
Please Donate to Radio Show --
Save Our Black Boys Radio - Listen to a Past Program
"Christmas Special - Young Black Males Sing and Praise"
2. PARENT TRAINING - Academic Turn-Around Program (ATAP) -
Schools invite parents of the lowest performing students.
Parents learn step-by-step strategies to engage their sons in meaningful support for academic improvements. Awards given for parents who complete the session series.
3. WORKSHOP- Parent Involvement Workshop- "Save Our Black Boys" - Churches, schools and other organizations can request this relevant workshop. Presented at Embassy Suites Hotel, Michigan and Juvenile Justice Dept., Beloit, Wisconsin
4. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT - In-service workshops for educators -
"Close The Achievement Gap for African-American Male Students" - Presented for Hoke County Public Schools, North Carolina
5. AFROCENTRIC CURRICULUM DESIGN - Teachers work with presenter to develop a supplemental social studies unit- "African Roots" - to highlight ancient African kingdoms and their contributions to science, architecture, academia, exploration, and more. Presented for Ann Arbor Public Schools, Michigan.
6. AFRICAN-AMERICAN BOOKS - Shop online - over 300 books about people of color. School sets available. To browse catalog, click - www.brownSSbooks.com
7. BLACK HISTORY SUMMER READING CAMP -
Children aged 8-12 take an in-depth look at African and African-American history while brushing up on phonics skills in a rich environment of hands-on creative learning with lots of reading and writing enrichment. Includes movement, musical and oral expression. Request this camp at your location. Go to "Contact Us".
Choose from three sessions:
1. Ancient African Civilizations
2. Plantation Life
3. Underground Railroad
Schools, churches and organizations can host this program as a summer camp or enrichment class during school hours. This camp was held at an Ann Arbor Public School, Michigan.
Office: (734) 729-0501
Cell: (734) 716-0213
Email: [email protected]
"Save Our Black Boys"
is a subsidiary of
Brown Sugar & Spice Books & Educational Services